A delicious, healthy bowl of goodness that’s a cinch to put together!
- 1 lbs sushi grade Salmon, diced into 1″-2″ cubes
- 3 cups steamed white or jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dizzy Pig Shakin’ the Tree seasoning
- Topping Options
- Thin slices of cold cucumbers
- Julienned carrots
- Diced avocado
- A handful of chopped fresh herbs, such as mint and cilantro, for garnish
- Steam the rice according to manufactures directions.
- In a bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, wasabi paste, sesame oil, sesame seeds, minced ginger, soy sauce, and Shakin’ the Tree. Adjust flavors to taste, and add salmon cubes to the sauce to marinate.
- Place a scoop of rice in each bowl, followed by any of the topping options.
- Top it off with the salmon.
- Serve immediately and enjoy
This recipe could also be made using sushi grade tuna, whitefish or cooked shrimp. The marinade would also work well over cooked tuna or chicken, in case you cannot find sushi grade fish in your local store.