A cinch to put together, these delicious and healthy sushi bowls will satisfy your sushi craving right in your own home.
Sushi bowls are easy to personalize to fit what you’re in the mood for, or ingredients you have on hand. Don’t feel like salmon? Use tuna or any sashimi grade fish instead. Want to jazz up your toppings to something fancier? No problem, the sky’s the limit. We have some fun topping ideas in the Recipe Notes section.
- 1 lb sushi grade Salmon, diced into 1-2″ cubes
- 3 cups steamed white or jasmine rice
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp wasabi paste
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari to keep recipe gluten-free)
- 2 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Shakin’ the Tree seasoning
- Thin slices of cold cucumbers
- Julienned carrots
- Diced avocado
- A handful of chopped fresh herbs, such as mint and cilantro, for garnish