Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a dessert all on its own. With flavor from the tropical fruit enhanced with Pineapple Head, this dessert brings tart and sweet to a whole new level.
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix (just the box contents, no need for other ingredients listed on the box)
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 Tablespoon Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 20 oz can pineapple slices, drained
- 8-10 maraschino cherries
- pecans or walnuts, if desired
- Preheat oven or outdoor cooker to 350°F
- Mix package of dry cake mix, crushed pineapple with the juices from the can and Pineapple Head seasoning, stir until you see the mixture turn airy and fluffy.
- In a 9×13 pan, melt butter in the oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar, and place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter over pineapple and cherries. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately place a heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over the cake for a few minutes so the brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store cake loosely covered.
Just the dry cake mix from the box — no need for other ingredients listed on the back of the box.