Rich and delicious — and surprisingly simple to make.
- One box of fettuccine
- Alfredo Sauce:
- Two cups heavy cream
- 10-15 leaves of fresh Sage
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Shakin’ the Tree (add more for taste)
- Dash of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (plus some for topping)
- 1-2 Dozen Shrimp (use more if you want!)
- 1 tablespoon Bayou-ish (or enough to evenly coat the shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (more if cooking more shrimp)
- Boil enough water to cook your pasta in
- Toss the shrimp with Bayou-ish seasoning until evenly coated
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and begin to cook
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat up the butter, heavy cream, sage, Shakin’ the Tree and the parmesan cheese, and one cup of pasta water, mixing till the butter is melted and the ingredients are combined
- Once the pasta is done cooking, pull out the sage leaves
- Add the pasta directly into the alfredo sauce. The sauce will thin a bit, so stir the pasta into the sauce and keep cooking over medium-high heat until thick enough for your liking.
- In a separate skillet, heat up the olive oil
- Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook through.
- You can add the fully cooked shrimp directly to the pasta and stir it in or place them on top of the pasta
- Sprinkle a bit more Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!
Try and use fresh, whole sage leaves. You don’t actually eat the leaves, you pull them out before you add the pasta to the sauce, so it’s easiest to use whole leaves that you can fish out. you can tie them in a bundle or use a whole stalk, whatever is most convenient.