This chicken is pan-fried to a juicy and deliciously crispy deep golden hue. It’s fast and easy to prepare.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup stone ground corn meal
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Dizzy Pig® Tsunami Spin seasoning blend
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil for frying
- Place a chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or a heavy skillet to an even thickness of about 1/2-inch. Place on a plate and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Combine the buttermilk, Dijon mustard and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper in a shallow pan. Whisk to blend completely.
- In another shallow dish, add the flour, corn meal, panko, Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir to completely blend together.
- Pour about 1/2-inch of canola oil into a large saute pan, and heat over medium heat until shimmering.
- Meanwhile dip one chicken breast into the buttermilk mixture and turn to coat completely, allowing excess to drip off.
- Place the chicken breast in the dry coating mixture. Turn several times in the dry coating to cover every bit of the chicken.
- Carefully place in the heated oil. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Cook undisturbed for about 4 minutes or until the coating has a deep golden hue.
- Turn over and cook the other side for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown and cooked completely.
- Remove to plates and serve immediately.