- 1 tbsp bacon grease (or butter or fat of your choice)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cups water (already boiling if cooking on grill)
- 1 can Bush’s Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Fire Ant Juice (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 2 tsp Dizzy Pig® Jamaican Firewalk seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Melt the bacon fat in a cast iron dutch oven over a 325°F fire.
- Add the rice and onions, sauteing until the onion is soft and the rice turning golden, as you would when making a rice pilaf. Add the water, beans, tomato paste, hot sauce and Jamaican Firewalk. (If cooking on grill, switch to indirect heat now). Stir, cover, and cook for 18-20 minutes, until rice is done.
- Serve it up all together!
If cooking this on the grill, be careful to keep the heat at 325-350°F or below, or you will scorch the rice. You might have to stir the rice a few times and add some water near the 12-15 minute time frame.