Pineapple Head Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts recipe should not just be served in the fall. No, this is one recipe that knows no seasonal limits!
3 large eggs (the chicken kind, not the BGE kind)
1/2c vegetable oil
1-1/2c granulated white sugar
1-1/2c pure pumpkin puree (Libby’s)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1-1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp Pineapple Head seasoning
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-3/4c + 2T unbleached all-purpose flour
Pineapple Head/Cinnamon/sugar mixture
1-1/2 tsp Pineapple Head
1/2 c granulate white sugar
- Preheat oven/Egg to 350°F. If using an Egg, go raised/indirect.
- Combine cinnamon, Pineapple Head and baking powder in a small dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar together, until thoroughly mixed. Add spice mixture from second step, and mix thoroughly.
- Add pumpkin puree and vegetable oil, and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add flour, and mix until smooth.
- Fill pan indentations (doughnut or doughnut hole-shaped) 3/4 of the way up the sides.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from baking pan and toss in Pineapple Head/Cinnamon/sugar mixture (I use a gallon Ziploc baggie).
Leftover doughnuts can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I have yet to put this to the test, because they disappear long before then.