From our very own Mad Max Rosen, a simple, yet delicious turn on pork.
- 1 lb slab of high quality (Berkshire) pork loin
- Dizzy Pig Bayou-ish seasoning
- Cut pork loin into 3 nice 1 1/2 inch ‘steaks'
- Dust both sides liberally with Bayou-ish
- Get a cast iron pan searing hot (you can do this in your cooker, or on the stove)
- Put a little oil in the pan.
- Sear the pork steaks for approximately 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side (till the color is of your liking).
- Move the pan with the steaks into a 400°F oven (or cooker) for about 8 – 10 more minutes or until the internal temp reads 140°F.
- Remove and serve.
- Delicious!! Great served with apples and onions sauted with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head or Raging River rub!!