This appetizer is sure to impress!
- 1 lb fresh ahi tuna
- 2-3 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Bayou-ish
- Approximately 4 Tbsp sriracha
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or to taste
- 1 Tbsp capers
- Light BGE and let coals get very, very hot.
- Cut the tuna into 1″ cubes and season generously with Bayou-ish, coating all sides.
- Heat cast iron skillet over hot coals. Add a high heat oil to prevent sticking.
- Add tuna to the hot skillet and quickly sear all sides, approx 1-2 minutes total. Do not crowd the pan, this can be done in multiple waves if needed.
- In the last 30 seconds of cook time, squirt enough sriracha to lightly coat tuna bites.
- Remove from heat and enjoy with dipping sauce.
- Serves 2-4.