Salmon cakes with Bayou-ish is out of this world! Restaurants have nothing on these salmon cakes!
- Salmon Cakes:
- 1.5 lb fresh salmon (pouch or canned salmon can be used, but fresh is best)
- 2-3 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Bayou-ish (separated)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melted butter
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2-3 Scallions (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Bayou-ish
- Light BGE and let coals get very, very hot (about 500-550°F to preheat cast iron griddle).
- Remove the skin and cut the salmon into 1″ cubes.
- Process salmon cubes and cilantro in food processor until a paste forms.
- Transfer mixture into bowl and fold in remaining ingredients.
- Mix until combined and divide into eight 1/4 lbs. cakes.
- Put mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Make dipping sauce and set aside.
- Brush melted butter on each salmon cake and apply half of the Bayou-ish. Transfer to griddle with seasoning side down.
- While cooking, brush each cake with remaining melted butter and season again with the remaining Bayou-ish.
- Each cake takes approximately 3 minutes before flipping. (Look for white droplets to appear on the cakes before flipping.)
- Remove from heat and enjoy with dipping sauce, cole slaw and don’t forget the tots!
- Serves 2-4.