This is a great alternative to your traditional smoked brisket. This recipe was lovingly handed down from Max’s mom Beverly, the way she learned to make brisket. Seared off to give it a slightly grilled flavor, then braised in red wine and onion soup mix, this brisket will take you back in time to your grandmother’s kitchen.
- 1 brisket (can be a whole packer or just the flat)
- Enough red wine (any good hearty red will work) to cover the meat
- Two packets of instant onion soup mix.
- Baby carrots (1 small bag or more)
- Frozen pearl onions (1 bag)
- Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Steak Rub