We cooked these pork skewers during our first Pork Butt Dizzcovery Class of the year and no one believed it could work. Taking pork butt and cutting it into cubes and cooking it for less than an hour doesn’t sound like it will give you incredibly juicy, succulent pork, but that’s exactly what happens. Our class attendees were shocked and every bite was gone!
1 pork butt – deboned and cubed
2 large red/yellow peppers sliced into 1 inch square slices
1 large onion sliced into 1 inch cubes
1 large can of cubed pineapple
5 scallions, finely diced
2 teaspoons salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ cup white or apple cider
½ cup orange juice
1 ½ to 2 tbsp Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk seasoning
- Cube the pork and slice the peppers and onion.
- Mix the marinade ingredients and place in a large bowl with the pork and veggies.
- Take skewers and alternate pork cubes with the veggies.
- Set up your cooker for high direct grilling, around 375°F.
- Grill the skewers for approximately 40 minutes or until done, brushing them every so often with the remaining marinade.