So simple to make, but even more simple to devour!
- One large hard crusted loaf of bread
- 1 Cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 Cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 7-10 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Heaping teaspoon of Raging River
- 1-3/4c + 2T unbleached all-purpose flour
- Cut into the bread both length-wise and width-wise, but do not cut all the way through, leave it so the bread fans out
- Stuff the cheese into the crevices, filing as many of them as possible
- Saute the onions and bacon until the onions are soft and the bacon is crispy
- Pour the bacon and onion mixture over the bread, pressing it into the crevices
- Shake Raging River all over the top
- Wrap the bread in foil and cook in an oven or an egg, plate setter in, at around 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Unwrap the bread and finish cooking, between 10-15 minutes.
- Just pull it apart and enjoy!