If you are looking for an interesting twist on French Toast, give it a spin with Panettone Italian Butter Cake and Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head seasoning. If you have not had Panettone, it is more like a light sweet bread than cake, and can be found in most Italian specialty shops or even in many supermarkets depending on what part of the country you are in.
- 1 loaf Panettone Italian Butter Cake
- Dizzy Pig® Pineapple Head rub
- 6 Eggs
- Splash of half and half or heavy cream
- Slice into sections about 1 inch thick.
- Beat eggs, cream and add a few shakes of Pineapple Head until blended well.
- Preheat a cast iron pan.
- Dip the sections into beaten eggs.
- Add butter to the pan, and a few shakes of the rub.
- Add the dipped and ready Panettone.
- Brown approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with bacon and eggs or your favorite breakfast items.