Cheesesteaks are Bobby’s weakness, and trying to find a way to enjoy them with less carbs have been difficult. His love for mushrooms is finally what solved his dilemma. By filling the portabello mushrooms with his favorite cheesesteak fixings, he turned one of his guilty pleasures to something a little less sinful. This is a perfect keto and gluten free option.
- 1/2 lb ribeye steak, shaved or thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks Montreal-style seasoning
- 2 large portabello mushrooms
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Make Cheesesteak filling
- Heat the Big Green Egg smoker to 300°F
- Chop onion, pepper and beef into thin slices
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat
- Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add green pepper, a teaspoon of Raising the Steaks and sauté for another 5 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Add shaved ribeye steak and 1 1/2 tablespoons Raising the Steak seasoning, and sauté for 5 minutes
- Turn off the heat and let rest
- Mushroom cheesesteaks
- Take a spoon and scoop out the gills from each of the mushrooms. Remove the stem as well
- Brush each side of each portobello mushroom with olive oil
- Fill each mushroom with the onion, pepper, and steak filling
- Place both mushrooms on your Big Green Egg, then cover each mushroom with 2 pieces of provolone cheese
- Cook 10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble
- Remove from heat and enjoy!