Potatoes on the grill. Baked taters come to mind as the most common way to cook potatoes on the grill. And while great, there is always time for something different. Slice ’em and grill ’em! I’ve been cooking them this way for a few years, and it is both easy and good. They cook up slightly crisp, and the Dizzy Pig seasoning provides a great flavor and light crust. This is a real flexible recipe, a lot of flavors can be used, and there ain’t a bunch of things out there that taters don’t go well with!
- Wash potatoes with a brush and dig out any bruised areas
- Slice approximately 1/8-1/4″ thick
- Shake on the Dizzy Pig!! Apply seasoning as evenly as possible on one side. I’ve found it best to shake the rub onto the second side after they are on the grill. Too much comes off otherwise.
- Prepare grill for 300-400°F degrees
- Spray your grill or pan with oil
- Lay the tater slices on rub down
- Shake a coating of rub to the top
- Close up your cooker and let ‘er roll!
- Flip or rotate every 10 or 15 minutes to ensure even cookin'
- Compliment your potatoes with your favorite Dizzy style meat
Our potato slice recipe is a flexible potato side dish. Use any of our seasonings on the potatoes to compliment your main dish. It is an easy meal to compliment any meats being cooking on a grill.