- 1/2 lb breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 Tbsp Dizzy Pig® Swamp Venom rub (or Cajun rub)
- 2 tsp finely diced green onion
- 2 tsp finely diced parsley
- Brown the sausage over medium high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and very finely dice the sausage.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, and celery to the pan and saute until just starting to turn tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rice, toss to coat, and cook until the rice starts to turn golden and emits a nutty aroma, about 2-3 minutes.
- Return the sausage to the pan. Add the broth and Swamp Venom (or Cajun seasoning), give a stir, and cover tightly. Bring to a simmer and cook until rice is done, 20-25 minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and leave covered for 5 minutes. Then add the green onion and parsley while you fluff the rice with a fork. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.