A Rosen family staple is flank steak, they eat it at least once a week and will try any seasoning with it. When Dizzy Pig came out with Molé, they knew they had to try it. Matching it up with a Chilean Pebre Sauce was the next step in changing up their flank steak routine. This bright and flavorful dish is a great way to make a quick weeknight dinner and experience Molé in all its rich goodness.
Dizzy Pig® Molé seasoning
1 red onion, diced
1 teaspoon sugar (plus more if needed)
5 tablespoons white wine vinegar (plus more if needed)
4 roma tomatoes
1 bunch of cilantro
Salt (to taste)
- Make the Pebre sauce. Start by dicing the red onion.
- Soak the onion in water, just enough to cover, and add sugar and white wine vinegar.
- Dice the jalepeno, tomatoes and cilantro and mix together salt to taste.
- Drain the onions and add to the jalapeno, tomato, cilantro mixture.
- Taste your Pebre sauce and adjust salt, sugar or white wine vinegar to taste.
- Season both sides of flank steak with Molé seasoning.
- Heat cast iron skillet and sprinkle it with flaked or kosher salt.
- Sear the steak for 3 – 5 minutes per side, until internal temp in the thickest part reads 125°F for medium rare.
- Remove the steak and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve with the Pebre sauce on top.