The Rosen house does not mess around when it comes to holiday cooking. While Mad Max Rosen is famous for his turkey and gravy, Catherine Rosen is known for her stuffing. She has graciously shared her family recipe for all to enjoy. Happy cookin’!
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish Seasoning, Shakin’ the Tree is also great!
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 1/2 bunch of celery
- 3 apples
- 3 large onions
- 1 lb white bread
- 1 lb oatmeal bread
- 24 oz chicken broth (add more to taste, or if your bread is thicker)
- 1-2 sticks of butter
- Preheat your oven (or Big Green Egg) to 325°F.
- Chop the carrots, celery, apples and onions into even size pieces.
- Combine chopped herbs, vegetables, apples, salt, and Mediterranean-ish seasoning in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Sauté the mixture of herbs, vegetables, apples, and seasonings until soft.
- Tear bread into your preferred bite sized pieces.
- In a large container, mix the vegetables with bread.
- Pour the broth over the mixture until the bread is moist, careful to not allow it to become soggy.
- Pour the damp mixture into an oven-safe dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until it’s browned on top.
- Serve and enjoy this seasonal dish.