A tasty pot of chicken chili is a great alternative to beef chili. This slightly creamy recipe is packed with great flavors, and there is really only a few ingredients needed. Pan searing of the seasoned chicken takes the flavor of this luscious chicken chili over the top. We think you’ll agree once you try it.
- 2 Tbsp ghee*** or oil, for pan searing chicken
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Dizzy Pig Fajita-ish Mexican seasoning, or Molé
- 2 fresh poblano peppers
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cans drained white beans, such as cannellini, northern, navy
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half (or whole milk), warmed
- 1-3 cups chicken broth (as needed)
***Ghee is butter that has been clarified with the milk solids removed. It provides a great butter flavor, but won’t burn when pan searing.