Susan Handy of Indigo Farms Seafood cooked up this amazing Seafood Stew for us and we can’t get enough of it. It’s easily adaptable depending on what seafood you have on hand or what you enjoy eating. For this cook, we had a beautiful selection of seafood – shrimp, Danish scampi, sea bass, and mussels!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups white wine, I used Chardonnay
- 3 cups clam juice
- 1 Knorr concentrate vegetable stock pack (the gelatin stuff)
- 1 tablespoon Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped (You can use canned)
- 1 can tomato sauce (fill with water and add)
- Few teaspoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 5 slices of lemon with the skin on
- Danish Scampi
- Sea Bass
- Heat BGE to about 375°F
- Sauté chopped onion and celery in a little butter and olive oil mix, cook about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for about one minute
- Add 2 cups white wine
- Add the clam juice, Knorr concentrated vegetable Stock, Mediterranean-ish, bay leaf, thyme, red pepper flakes, chopped tomatoes, and tomato sauce
- Cook 5 minutes then close the vents
- Simmer 35 minutes
- Open vents back up.
- Add 5 thick-sliced lemon with peel, fresh chopped parsley, and add all seafood except mussels.
- Cook for 5 minutes before adding mussels.
- Once the mussels open, your stew is completely cooked!
- Serve with crusty bread. Throw it on the grill for a few minutes and it’s even better!
You can easily change out the seafood to match your taste buds or what you have local. Try using clams, lobster, salmon, or tuna.