Mad Max knows his way around a good hunk of cow! When he gets his hands on a huge tenderloin like this, he knows just how to make it taste out of this world! With a thick crust courtesy of Dizzy Pig’s Cow Lick Steak Rub, this recipe is perfect for any and every group of carnivores!
1 whole beef tenderloin: approximately 6-7 lbs
Dizzy Pig® Cow Lick steak rub
2 medium onions
2 bell peppers
1 package of sliced mushrooms
- Rub the meat with olive oil and Dizzy Pig Cow Lick.
- Set up your grill for cooking over a very hot direct fire, 600-700°F.
- Add a chunk of hickory wood if desired.
- Set cast iron grid or other heavy steel grid right over your coals. If using a cast iron pan, set it directly on grid.
- Sear steak for approximately 2 minutes a side, or until slightly charred.
- Remove and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- While roast is resting, grill sliced onions, mushrooms and peppers till tender and remove to serve with roast.
- Bring your cooker temperature down to 400-425°F.
- Put meat back in cooker on a high grid indirect.
- Roast approximately 20-30 minutes until internal temp is 125°F.
- Rest finished roast for 10 minutes then slice one inch thick slices and serve!
Thanks again Max, for enhancing our recipe section, and spreading the word of your culinary creations!!