Smashed Potatoes (sometimes called “Crashed Potatoes”) are an easy to make side dish. In fact, it may be the best potato side dish you could ever ask for. All you need are pantry staples, potatoes and olive oil, and our IPA hop-infused seasoning which we’ve found to be a natural on potatoes. The extra time in the oven gives the IPA time to brown and add another depth of flavor, and what you get are potatoes that are tender and fluffy on the inside with crispy edges on the outside. And if that isn’t wonderful enough, it is also fun to make with your family, as little kids enjoy “smashing” the potatoes!
- 8 red potatoes, about 2.5 lbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Dizzy Pig IPA seasoning blend
- Preheat oven or grill to 425°F.
- Coat potatoes in olive oil.
- Shake IPA over potatoes, between 2 and 3 tablespoons. This will cover 8 medium red potatoes, if you’re using smaller potatoes, simply coat the potatoes with a generous dusting.
- Roll the potatoes around so they’re evenly covered with oil and seasoning.
- Place in a metal roasting pan. Roast potatoes for about 45 minutes (less for baby potatoes) or until they’re almost tender.
- Smash each potato with a potato smasher or fork, being careful to break only the skin and keeping the potato in one piece.
- Drizzle the potatoes with a little bit more olive oil, and give them a fresh coating of IPA.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the potatoes are crispy. Enjoy!