Chris’ Limited Edition Molé seasoning is perfect for all sorts of things, but with its rich chocolatey flavor and perfect blend of spices, it’s great for pumping up the flavors in stews. Whip a pot up and see what we’re talking about!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 potatoes cubed (we used red)
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 large can black beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Oil for pan searing
- 2 tbsp Dizzy Pig® Molé seasoning (perhaps more to taste)
- Coat chicken on both sides with Molé.
- Pan sear in a little oil until well browned on each side. No need to fully cook the chicken since you will cook more in stew, but good browning is important. Your pan should be hot enough to brown chicken in less than 5 minutes per side.
- Remove browned chicken and rest.
- Brown potatoes in pan for a few minutes. Season with a little more Molé while in pan.
- Remove potatoes, then sauté onions until translucent.
- While the onions are getting happy, cut up the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Deglaze pan and onions with red wine. Cook until wine is mostly evaporated.
- Add chicken, potatoes, beans, broth and some more Molé to taste.
- Simmer until potatoes are done, and broth is thickened.
- Salt and season to your taste buds, and it’s ready to serve!