This grilled zucchini & squash medley is a fun and tasty way to use those zucchini and squash that are so abundant during the summer harvest season. It goes well with just about any smoked or grilled protein and can be adapted to use whatever veg you have around. Feel free to add a little more of your favorite ingredient to the dressing to make it your own.
Depending on the freshness of your produce and how long you’ve cooked it, there may be more of a liquid build up than you’d like after tossing. If that happens, just drain some of it off before you transfer it to the serving dish.
- 3 medium zucchini, split lengthwise
- 3 medium yellow squash, split lengthwise
- Olive oil
- Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin Seasoning
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly on the bias, some greens reserved for garnish
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha, optional
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Prepare the grill to cook direct over medium heat, about 400°F
- Place the zucchini and squash in a large pan.
- Drizzle, then toss with enough olive oil to lightly coat on all sides
- Season liberally on all sides with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin Seasoning and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients
- Mix well and set aside
- Place the zucchini and squash on the grill skin side down.
- Cook, flipping occasionally until golden brown on all sides and tender, about 15 minutes total
- Remove from the grill
- As soon as the zucchini and squash are cool enough to handle, cut them into bite size pieces and place them in a large bowl
- Add the scallions and toss
- Mix the dressing, pour it over the top, and toss everything together
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the reserved scallion greens