This whiskey Hard Cherry Lemonade gets its punch from spiked cherries. Starting with fresh cherries, we added MurLarkey Handcrafted Three Tea Whiskey (a local whiskey from Bristow, VA) and Spicy Pineapple Head seasoning and allowed them to soak in all the flavors overnight. Combined with the sweetness of lemonade and tarte black cherry juice, the cherries give the extra punch to this drink.
Spiking the cherries needs to be done the night before, so plan accordingly.
- Makes 4-5 drinks
- 1 cup halved cherries
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1/2 tsp Dizzy Pig Spicy Pineapple Head Tropical seasoning
- 1 cup Black cherry juice
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- Halve cherries, remove pits, and place them in a container that has a lid
- Add whiskey and Spicy Pineapple Head seasoning, and refrigerate overnight for flavors to infuse
- The following day, separate whiskey from the cherry infusion, and reserve cherries for topping
- Add whiskey to a pitcher along with ice, black cherry juice, lemonade and mix well
- Pour mixture into a glass and top with cherries