We love stuffed mushrooms, and decided to layer the favorite caprese salad on top of hearty portobello mushroom caps. This vegetarian dish is stuffed with melted mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and topped with shredded fresh basil. Serve as a side dish, or as a light entrée option, these portobello will be a new fresh favorite.
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz pearl mozzarella balls
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish Italian & Greek seasoning
- Balsamic vinegar
- Basil, thinly sliced for garnish