Great for the summer, but delicious any time of the year, this simple grilled shrimp recipe is bursting with flavor. The brightness of the lemon peel, the buttery flavor of the garlic, and the citrusy IPA seasoning combine into a mouthwatering experience.
The trick to this recipe, and really any shrimp recipe, is to be super careful not to overcook the shrimp. But you also want good browning on the shrimp to maximize the flavor. What that means is a hot fire, and working quickly! We like to cook these on bamboo skewers for easy grilling, and have found that threading the shrimp onto two parallel skewers works best to keep them from spinning on you. Soak the skewers to prevent them from catching on fire. You’ll be cooking these hot!
- 1 lb shrimp, 21-25 count, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed through garlic press or very finely minced)
- 1 Tbsp Dizzy Pig IPA Hop-infused seasoning (enough to lightly coat shrimp)
- Soak bamboo skewers
- Mix together oil, lemon zest and garlic
- Place shrimp in ziploc bag, and pour in the marinade
- Seal the bag, massage the shrimp lightly to coat in the marinade, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- Preheat grill for high heat (500°F plus) and set up to cook direct
- Thread shrimp onto skewers. We find that using two parallel skewers keep the shrimp from spinning
- Season with a light coat of Dizzy Pig IPA seasoning
- Grill for no more than 2 minutes per side until shrimp is opaque
- Remove from grill and serve immediately