A good friend, Marc who goes by “zippylip” on cooking forums, is one of the most creative cooks I know. He is a big Dizzy Pig fan, and definitely cooks from the right side of the brain. Marc comes up with the most amazing recipes using Dizzy Pig, and was generous enough to provide several recipes for us to post!
This is a great summertime dish, it can be served hot, warm, room temperature or even cold. It’s light and fresh tasting and best of all, very easy to make. My favorite way to serve it is as follows:
- 1 1/2 lbs Farfalle (butterfly) Pasta (cooked al dente)
- 6 lemons
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Hot pepper flakes
- Fresh bsail
- 1/2 to 1 cup Pecorino Cheese
- Dizzy Pig® Shakin’ the Tree seasoning
- 10 Boneless/Skinless Chicken thighs
- Zest lemons.
- Juice lemons then add the zest to the juice.
- Add about a cup of good extra virgin olive oil.
- Add a few shakes of hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and about a tablespoon of Shakin’ the Tree seasoning. Set aside.
- Clean a bunch of fresh basil (I use about 1/2 a plant for this, the more the better).
- Chop basil roughly, set aside.
- Grate a good amount of Pecorino cheese
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- Add the seasoned lemon & oil to the pasta along with the basil.
- Mix very well and let sit, uncovered, to cool.
- Be sure all of the pasta is completely coated.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and coat generously with Dizzy Pig® Shakin’ the Tree.
- Cook indirect at about 400°F until browned and cooked through.
- While the chicken is hot, pull it apart into smaller bite-sized pieces.
- Add to the pasta along with the grated cheese.