While Max and Sydney were down at the local fish mongers last weekend, they picked up some beautiful whole rockfish and some pretty pink gulf shrimp. The fish were grilled whole with a combination of Dizzy Pig Raging River seasonign and other aromatics for a fantastic tasting and moist fish, and the shrimp were grilled on skewers with Tsunami Spin seasoning.
- For the Rockfish:
- 2 whole rockfish, cleaned and scaled, about 2 pounds each
- One whole lemon sliced
- ½ sweet onion sliced
- ½ teaspoon of fresh dill (or a couple of dill sprigs)
- 2 tablespoons of butter cut into pads
- 1 teaspoon of Dizzy Pig Raging River
- For the Shrimp:
- 1 ½ pounds of medium/large shrimp peeled
- Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin
- Take the whole fish and season the cavity with half of the Raging River for each fish
- Add half the lemon slices and half the sliced onion to each cavity
- Sprinkle half of the dill in each cavity
- Place about 1 tablespoon of butter pads in each cavity
- For the shrimp, just sprinkle a nice dose of Tsunami Spin over the shrimp skewers.
- For the grill set up, we like to set up our BGE direct but with a ‘high’ grid at 400-425°F dome temp, as this allows the fish grill evenly through and stay moist.
- Brush a little olive oil over the fish to keep it from sticking to the grid
- Place fish directly on the raised grid and allow it grill for approximately 10 minutes, then flip and grill for another 10 minutes or so (or until the fish is cooked through but still moist).
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish while its grilling.
- For the shrimp, simply put the skewers on a direct grid and grill for approximately 1 to 2 minutes per side till white/pink.
- For serving, gently remove the skin, then lift the filets off the skeleton. Each filet will be a nice serving for a person.
Each fish filet will be a nice serving for a person.