If you have never eaten, much less cooked parsnips, this is the recipe to try! You’ll be a fan after eating these delicious fritters! During Chris Capell’s throw down on Kimberly’s Simply Southern, both teams were challenged to make a side dish using parsnips! Brian Walrath made these awesome Cow Lick Fritters. Click here to check out the video!
- 2 Parsnips, washed and peeled
- 1-2 tbsps of Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Steak Rub
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup of oil to fry
- 3 tbsp of milk
- Grate the parsnips finely into a mixing bowl
- Add Cow Lick, flour, and toss together
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the milk and mix to a smooth batter
- Heat oil and melt butter in pan on medium heat
- Make thin burger size patties and fry 2-3 mins each side until golden brown