Who said you have to DRINK a Bloody Mary? Well, if you love Dizzy Pig, Bloody Marys, and chicken wings, this recipe is for you! The lemon and pepper notes in Dizzy Pig’s “Shakin’ the Tree” seasoning & Bloody Mary Mix pair extremely well together. Add in a creamy Horseradish dip and you get all the flavors of a great Bloody Mary that has elements of heat, sweetness, tanginess – plus a kiss of smoke!
This recipe makes 2-3 servings as a meal, or 4-5 servings as an apptizer.
- Hair of the Pig Bloody Mary Chicken Wings
- 2lb chicken wings
- 1-2 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Shakin’ the Tree lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 2 cups Bloody Mary Mix – use your favorite brand (I used “Hair of the Pig”)
- 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar (or more as needed to balance out a spicy Bloody Mary mix)
- Shakin’ the Tree Creamy Horseradish Dip
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1-3 Tbsp of prepared Horseradish (season it to your taste)
- Juice & zest of 1 Lime (can also use Lemon)
- Dizzy Pig Shakin’ the Tree seasoning (1-2 Tbsp should do but season it to your preference)
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with Shakin’ the Tree seasoning and celery seed for a nice starting layer of flavor.
- Mix the Bloody Mary Mix and Brown Sugar together in a different bowl. I like my Bloody Mary to be spicy, so I only use 2 Tbsp to add some sweetness. But, this is where you can add more to balance it out if it’s too spicy.
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of Bloody Mary mixture to use for brushing on wings during cook. Pour the rest of the mixture over the wings and toss.
- Optional Step: You can marinade the wings for 1-2 hours (or overnight) in the fridge to allow the marinade to impart a more robust flavor. For this cook, I let them sit in the marinade as I fired up the smoker and came to temp.
- Fire up the smoker or grill to 350°F. I prefer a smoker to give a “smoke kiss” to my wings – adds another layer of flavor.
- Shakin’ the Tree Horseradish Dip
- Super simple! Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. I seasoned with Dizzy Pig Shakin’ the Tree seasoning at the end to get it right where it hit the spot for me.
- Put in fridge ’til ready to eat
- Cooking & Plating
- Put the wings on smoker/grill and occasionally flip and brush with the reserved Bloody Mary mixture.
- Wings should take 30-40 minutes, depending on how you like your wings. I like a rich, dark color on my Bloody Mary Wings.
- Plate the “Hair of the Pig” Bloody Mary Chicken Wings. I placed them on a platter with some Pork Rinds and the Horseradish Dip and garnished with chopped green onions.