Spam is a fun thing to grill and it’s hugely popular in Hawaii, but I always feel the need to give it a unique flavor. The Pineapple Head sure gives these spam sliders that and matches very well with my Hawaiian theme. The Hawaiian bun seems like a natural and the potato chips give it a little crunch. Feel free to customize these spam sliders as you wish. Mahalo!
This recipe makes 6 servings.
- Prepare the grill to cook direct over medium heat
- Cut the spam into three thick slices, then cut each slice in half
- Season the Spam heavily on all sides with the Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head Seasoning
- Place the Spam on the grill and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes
- Flip and cook the second side until golden brown, about another 3 minutes
- Flip again, top each piece of Spam with a square of cheese, and cook until the cheese is melted
- Place a piece of Spam on the bottom of each roll, and top with a few potato chips
- Spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce on the cut side of each of the roll tops, and place the tops on, crushing the potato chips so the slider will stay together
- Serve with additional chips and barbecue sauce