Erin from Peppermonkey (or Mrs. Peppermonkey as we refer to her) shared this great twist on plain old salsa.
1 pineapple, cored
1 Tbsp finely diced red onion (or to taste)
1 bunch cilantro
2 fresh jalapeños
2 fresh poblano peppers
Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk seasoning
- Slice around pineapple core, then cut into slices or wedges.
- Liberally apply Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk seasoning, and grill direct over high heat. Remove when grill marks form and pineapple softens a little.
- Add jalapeños and poblanos or any other pepper you prefer to the grate. Remove when charred all over.
- Let the peppers rest until they are cool enough to handle, then rub the charred, papery layer of skin until it is removed; finely dice.
- Dice the grilled pineapple into small cubes.
- Add diced pineapple, peppers, onion, and chopped cilantro in bowl, mixing until combined well. Add salt and pepper if needed, to taste.