Chris Capell’s wok vegetables on the grill (we used a Big Green Egg for this cook and put the video on Facebook Live) is one of our favorite ways to enjoy fresh, in-season vegetables. The high heat and oil work their magic to give your stir-fry that irresistible wok-hay flavor while letting the subtle flavors of your vegetables shine through!
Crisp-tender and bright, the shorter cooking time allows these veggies to retain more of their vitamins than grilling, baking, or roasting.
Try it with your favorite vegetables, or even use some pineapple for a fresh twist.
- 1/8 – 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or oil of choice), amount depends on cooking vessel***
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (replace with gluten-free soy sauce, tamari, or coconut animos as needed)
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Shakin’ the Tree seasoning (Raising the Steaks is also excellent on veggies)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or smashed
A few pounds of whatever veggies are fresh:
- Sweet Onions
- Bell peppers
- Bok choy/Shanghai cabbage
***Use lesser amount of oil if you’re using a wok/non-perforated pan. A perforated pan will allow any unused oil to flow through, resulting in non-greasy vegetables.