Who’s ready for a total flavor bomb?! This recipe uses a Snake River Farms American Wagyu Flat Iron steak rubbed with Dizzy Pig’s Red Eye Express, and topped with a mushroom pan gravy. The coffee in the Red Eye Express rub pairs so well with the meat, heat and sauce.
Every bite will deliver results.
- Flat iron steak
- Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express Coffee Rub
- 1 cup cream
- 8oz baby portobellos
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- Kosher salt
- Rub the steak with Red Eye Express seasoning, and let sit at room temperature while your grill preheats
- Preheat your grill to 450°F
- Cook the steak 5 minutes per side, then remove and let rest for 10 minutes
- While the steak is resting, add a cast iron pan to the grill
- Add olive oil, onion, and garlic to the pan
- Once aromatic, add the mushrooms and thyme leaves to the pan and mix well
- Add cream, bring to a boil, then remove from heat. The carryover cooking will reduce the sauce to the desired thickness
- Top steak with the sauce and ENJOY!