Nothing rounds out a kick of heat like a little sweet. This easy sweet and spicy chicken works well as an appetizer, or a main dish and is great served with rice and veggies, or in a bowl of pan fried noodles.
The simple honey, soy, ginger sauce really gets the taste buds rolling and the Spicy Dizzy Dust follows through with a smack of flavor and heat. Browning the chicken well is important, so don’t hesitate to use a higher heat for thinner pieces of chicken. Thicker pieces (especially bone in) will take a lot more time and you’ll need to use a lower heat so they don’t over brown.
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari to keep recipe gluten-free)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger root
- 2 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp Spicy Dizzy Dust, divided
- 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt, or to taste
- 1.5 lb your favorite chicken pieces (we used chicken breast strips (sometimes called chicken breast tenderloins) for this cook, but this recipe would be great on bone-in wings)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil