An old friend of Dizzy Pig, Jason Strawhorn, is well known for cooking an amazing version of one of the most popular comfort foods ever – Macaroni and Cheese. Well, it’s actually Penne and Cheese, and it’s not your average take on this dish. He has made a lot of people happy with this recipe over the years.
We took Jason’s recipe and kicked it up a tad with our Spicy Dizzy Dust. This dish is rich and creamy, and a well-browned crust adds a whole new dimension to this gourmet recipe. We did the baking on our Big Green Egg, which adds a wonderful hint of smoke, but this recipe can easily be cooked in an oven.
Enjoy the ultimate in cheesy deliciousness. And don’t think about the calories!
- 1 lb pasta (I use penne, but any shape pasta can be used)
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 5 tsp Dizzy Pig Spicy Dizzy Dust, or Original Dizzy Dust all-purpose seasoning
- 4 oz good beer
- 20 oz half-and-half
- 8 oz Brie cheese, cubed
- 1 lb cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled