Joellen has created a wonderful twist on a burger favorite using our newest rub, Bayou-ish! Delectable with a browned crust, these burgers are full of fresh seasonings and the wonderful flavor of blue cheese. Check out our recent cook of these burgers as sliders on a Facebool Live video! We recommend executing this recipe for dear family and friends.
- 2lbs ground beef, we prefer 80/20
- 4oz blue cheese (a nice creamy one is awesome!)
- 2 Tablespoons of Dizzy Pig Bayou-ish seasoning
- 4 of your favorite buns
- Optional caramelized onions, cooked bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Divide the ground beef into 8 equal pieces, each burger will use two of these.
- We used a stuffed burger press and loved how easy it was. If you prefer, you can do without. Form one piece into a patty, making a well for the cheese. Put the cheese into the well and place a second patty on top. Seal the edges to form one burger.
- Continue until you have 4 stuffed burgers formed.
- Sprinkle generously with Bayou-ish on all sides.
- Get a cast iron griddle or skillet screaming hot on your outdoor cooker. We brought our Big Green Egg cooker up to 500°F. You could do this indoors if you need to, but I hope you have a good exhaust fan!
- Cook burgers approximately 10 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or until desired.
- Let the burgers rest a bit before serving. Add optional toppings as desired. A little caramelized onion and bacon inside never hurt anyone either!