Mad Max Rosen created this righteous crabcake recipe. Give it a shot! We did and the results are pictured below, along with Max’s earlier cook. An awesome spin on crabcakes, it’s easy to make them monsters or cut them down and turn them into sliders!
- 1 lb of crabmeat (use Lump or Backfin, don’t use special or claw), carefully separated and any shell removed
- 2 slices of white bread, crusts removed and cut into small bits
- Egg Mix:
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping tablespoon mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 1-2 tsp Dizzy Pig® Tsunami Spin (2-3 tsp Tsunami is also good if you don’t have Old Bay)
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce or Head Country Marinade
- Combine the Egg Mix ingredients together
- Gently add the crabmeat & bread to egg mixture
- Toss to incorporate ingredients
- Form into four patties and place in fridge for 1 hour (longer is better, to let the patties set)
- Prepare medium-hot charcoal fire (approximately 375°F dome temp)
- Place fish grid on top of grill in standard direct position
- Oil Fish grid, and place patties on grid.
- Grill direct for approximately 10 minutes
- Flip and grill another 7 or 8 minutes
- Serve with cocktail or tartar sauce, on buns or straight with a fork!
Makes 4 cakes.