Corn chowder is popular in the summer when fresh sweet corn is abundant, but you can make it year-round with frozen corn and it would still be delicious.
One of the best things about making corn chowder, or any kind of soup really, is that you can easily make it your own. You can go for a meatless option and take out the bacon, or add sauteed spinach if you are looking to include more vegetables in your diet.
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped or diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 1/2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish Italian & Greek Seasoning“
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups fresh or 2 bags frozen corn — for a creamier texture, substitute 2 cups (1 bag) of frozen corn for 1 can of cream-style corn
- Sliced green onion for garnish, optional