Chex mix is the ultimate snack to make at home and put on your own spin. Traditionally made with Chex cereals, pretzels, bagel chips and nuts, you can mix and match your favorite snacks however you like. Simply keep the total volume of ingredients the same to ensure that there is enough butter and seasoning to coat the pieces.
Here’s my take on the classic Chex Mix. Smoking the mix and adding Dizzy Pig Crossroads seasoning elevates this popular snack food to another stratosphere. If you decide to make this in an oven, your Chex mix will not have the smoke flavor, but the barbecue toasted flavor will stand out and taste equally amazing.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Crossroads BBQ seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups Wheat Chex mix
- 2 cups Rice Chex mix
- 1 cup itty bitty minis pretzels
- 1 cup Cheez-Its
- 3 cups Lays Poppables – Sea Salt
- Heat your Big Green Egg cooker, grill, or oven to 250°F
- Place the wheat and rice Chex Mix In a medium-sized mixing bowl and lightly toss to combine
- Melt the butter in a small bowl
- Add Crossroads seasoning and Worcestershire sauce to the melted butter and mix well
- Add the butter mixture to the Chex mix and gently toss to coat
- Transfer mixture to a cast iron skillet, foil lined wok, or cookie sheet and place on the grill or in an oven
- Toast for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the cereal is lightly browned and crisp
- Remove pan from heat and let cool
- Mix in pretzels, Cheez-its, and Lays Poppables, and enjoy!