After constantly spending money on premade trail mixes, I realized that I was less than thrilled with half of the ingredients, and felt they all basically tasted the same. Having the flexibility to put just about anything into your homemade trail mix opens the door for endless possibilties.
This smokey and sweet recipe will fill your snack cravings with its medley of sweet, salty, crunchy and chewy goodness. Dizzy Pig’s Pineapple Head seasoning is the perfect catalyst to pull everything together.
This trail mix is not only for people on the go, it’s also great served at gatherings or for gifting. Plus it’s a great snack to make with your kids for some quality family bonding time.
- 3 3/4 cups raw mixed nuts
- 4 tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head sweet & tropical seasoning
- 1 cup M&M chocolate candies
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the Big Green Egg grill to 275°F
- Toast the mixed nuts for 5 minutes
- Add butter to the mixed nuts. Stir the mixture as the butter melts to coat all the nuts
- Add Pineapple Head seasoning to the mixed nuts and mix well
- Toast for another 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the raisins and let the mixture cool completely
- Once cool, mix in the M&M’s and it’s ready to serve!