Forget-those-yellow-packets Yellow Rice
While we love the flavor of yellow rice, I always had to turn a blind eye to the ingredients and sodium level on the label. No more! With the release of Peruvian-ish, it is so easy to make yellow rice from ingredients already in your pantry.
This savory yellow rice is delicious served alongside our Peruvian Charcoal Grilled Chicken recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 heaping Tbsp Dizzy Pig Peruvian-ish seasoning
- 2 cups rice (I love Uncle Ben’s)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock (yes, you can use water, but why would you?)
- 1/2 cup thawed, frozen peas
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add chopped onion and Peruvian-ish seasoning
- Sauté until onion is translucent. Add rice to sautéed onion and stir to coat
- Add chicken stock, raise heat and bring to a boil
- Stir, cover, reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- During the last 5 minutes, add thawed peas to the sauté pan
- If desiring a brighter yellow color to the rice, additional Peruvian-ish seasoning may be added before serving.
- Delicious alongside a simple grilled chicken (also seasoned with Peruvian-ish) and garnished with chopped parsley.