A great Mexican grill has peppers, meat, cheese, and of course, a large dose of spices!
Dizzy Pig’s Fajita-ish is a balanced combination of spices perfect for all your fajita and taco needs and really bump up the flavor of regular fajitas! So it’s really easy to have a Mexican grill theme for your next home gathering or a large party!
- Oil for cooking
- 2 Poblano peppers
- 2 Anaheim peppers (or Cubanel)
- 1 red bell pepper (chunked/sliced)
- 1 green pepper (chunked/sliced)
- 1 large sweet onion (sliced)
- Skirt steak (or flank steak)
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Dizzy Pig® Fajita-ish Mexican seasoning
- Salt (optional)
- Trim excess fat and silver skin from skirt (or flank) steak.
- Apply generous coating of Fajita-Ish™ seasoning to skirt steak and chicken. Optionally, add a light coating of salt to the beef.
- Prepare your charcoal grill fire.
- When coals are hot, place Poblano and Anaheim chilies directly onto hot coals. Char pepper on all sides blistered and black.
- Place charred peppers in covered bowl to steam and cool.
- Peel charred peppers and slice, set aside.
- Grill seasoned chicken over medium hot fire, 350-350°F, approximately 10-15 minutes per side until well browned, and internal temperature is between 180-190°F. If using breast meat, do not exceed 160°F internal. Rest.
- Grill seasoned steak over a very hot fire until charred on each side…no more than 5 minutes per side for skirt steak. Don’t cook much past rare. Rest.
- Cut chicken and skirt steak into strips after resting.
- Heat large cast iron pan on grill (or stove) over high heat.
- Coat with oil, and cook onions until browned on edges.
- Add red bell and green peppers and toss to cook a few minutes.
- Add your cut up charred peppers, and sprinkle Fajita-ish seasoning all over.
- Remove to serving bowl/plate.
- If needed, throw beef in pan for a minute or two if it is not yet to desired doneness.
Serve with flour tortillas, Mexican rice, Mexican beans, sour cream, cheese, fresh tomatoes and salsa. A great Mexican meal with unlimited possibilities! Hope you enjoy!