These twice baked potatoes have a simple and delicious filling. You can taste each individual flavor—potatoes, sour cream, butter, chives, rub–and nothing overwhelms anything else. Use medium sized baking potatoes. For an expensive, but very good, alternative add chunked lobster or king crab.
- For the Potatoes:
- 4 baking potatoes
- Dizzy Pig® Raging River Rub
- Olive oil
- For the Filling:
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh chives
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line the baking sheet with foil.
- Coat potatoes with oil, and shake Raging River onto skin and press so it will stick.
- Don’t forget to poke a few holes with a fork so they don’t explode in the oven.
- Bake for about an hour until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and reduce oven to 350°F.
- Cut baked potatoes in half and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Scoop all the flesh into a bowl, leaving skins intact.
- Mix the filling ingredients into the potatoes.
- Spoon mixture back into the potato skins and place the skins on a baking pan.
- Return to the 350°F oven for about 25 minutes until browned.
- Top with a little sour cream and serve immediately.
Top with a little sour cream if you want to. These are best to eat pretty soon after they come out of the oven while all the flavors are freshly blended.