- 1 pound of sweet potatoes, peeled and grated (2 medium sized or 3 small potatoes)
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dizzy Pig® Bombay Curry-ish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter (or extra light olive oil or canola oil)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl beat egg.
- Peel and grate potatoes and add to egg.
- Add Dizzy Pig Bombay Curry-ish and salt.
- Toss with fingers until potatoes are coated with egg and curry is evenly incorporated.
- Add clarified butter to hot skillet and place ¼ of the potato mixture at a time to form 4 pancakes in the skillet. Press down with a metal flipper so each pancake is about ½” thick.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes then flip pancakes and cook 8-10 minutes more or until golden brown. Because there is a lot of sugar in sweet potatoes you will want to check the bottoms of the pancakes so they don’t over brown.
- Serve these exciting pancakes hot and enjoy with yogurt and a slice of lemon!
Recipe makes 4 pancakes in a 12″ cast iron skillet on medium heat.