Fish tacos are great and what better way to make them pop even more than with a nice shake of Dizzy Pig Fajita-ish? Spicy, cool, delicious and a great dish to make for your next gathering! This is one of our favorite fish tacos recipes.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Dill – fresh if you have it
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 lb cod, about ½ to ¾ inch thick
- Dizzy Pig® Fajita-Ish
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
- Tortillas (corn or flour)
- Enchilada sauce
- 1 lime
Make the Cucumber Sauce at least a couple hours before you need it.
- Peel, remove the seeds and dice 1 cucumber. Dump it in a colander and sprinkle with about a teaspoon of salt. This will draw out some of the water. Let sit for 30 minutes or so then pat dry with paper towels.
- Chop cucumber & the garlic clove fine in a food processor.
- Stir them into the Greek yogurt with the lemon juice, a teaspoon of fresh dill and about ½ a teaspoon of pepper. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Before serving, taste it – if you think it needs more salt or pepper or anything – add it.
- Dice the avocado (discarding any seeds) and the tomato, toss together and refrigerate.
- Dust off your old iron skillet and get it HOT.
- Coat cod with butter and liberally dust with Dizzy Pig Fajita-Ish. Drop it in the pan and be prepared for the sizzling. It may even smoke a bit. It’s OK. When one side is done (look for crispy blackening) flip it & do the other side. It’ll only take a couple minutes per side.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of cucumber sauce on a warm tortilla – corn or flour! Add a couple chunks of your blackened cod pieces & squeeze a little lime juice on it. Top with the avocado tomato stuff, some shredded lettuce and drizzle with enchilada sauce!