We’re big fans of dessert and sweet things here at Dizzy Pig, and we’re always looking for inventive new ways to combine desserts with our passion – great BBQ seasonings! Well, our very own Joellen Bulgrin has knocked it out of the park with her Banana Rum Cream Pie recipe with Bombay Curry-ish Spiced Crust.
Trust us, this one is a crowd pleaser!
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs from 9 (4 3/4 – by 2 1/4-inch) crackers
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Dizzy Pig Bombay Curry-ish
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons dark rum
- 4 firm-ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine crumbs, butter, Bombay Curry-ish, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl with a fork until combined well. Reserve 1 tablespoon crumb mixture for garnish and press remaining crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of pie plate. Bake crust 10 minutes, then cool completely in pie pan on a rack.
- Beat together cream cheese, lemon zest, and remaining 6 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat cream and rum in another bowl with cleaned beaters at medium speed until it holds soft peaks. Gently stir one third of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whipped cream gently but thoroughly.
- Thinly slice bananas and arrange evenly over bottom of cooled crust. Spread all of cream filling over bananas, then sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top. Chill pie, loosely covered, at least 1 hour.