Brussels Sprouts are everywhere these days! They’ve quickly become a popular side dish for any sort of meal. Well, we here at Dizzy Pig raised it up another step, coating ours in Mediterranean-ish, panko bread crumbs and freshly grated parmesan cheese! Warm and inviting, these sprouts are the perfect side dish any time of year!
- 1 ½ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Mediterranean-ish seasoning
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fine grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- One lemon
- Take the Brussels sprouts, cut off the small hard ends then quarter them.
- Toss the quartered Brussels sprouts in a large bowl with the olive oil and the Mediterranean-ish seasoning till evenly coated.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on a pan or baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the juice of ½ the lemon over them and place in a 400°F oven or BGE (indirect set up) for approximately 20 minutes.
- Turn/toss them on the pan every 5 minutes or so for even cooking (some charring/caramelization on them is a good thing).
- With 10 minutes to go sprinkle the bread crumbs and cheese over them and continue roasting till done.
- Sprinkle the rest of the lemon juice over them and serve.