Last updated June 16, 2022
Who We Are
Dizzy Pig is a family-owned business in Manassas, Virginia. We craft unique seasoning blends that are all-natural with no artifical extras, and bring it to you fresh with spices that are ground just before bottling. Our line of seasonings can be found at our Dizzy Pig Flavor Store store as well as online at website address https://dizzypigbbq.com (the Site).
Personal Information is any information which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, order number, payment details, and information about your access to our website.
Information we collect automatically. While you visit our Site, we may collect the following information:
- Information about your use of our Site – for example, for products you’ve viewed, we may use this to suggest related products that you may be interested in
- Location, IP address and browser type – we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
Information you provide to us. When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide Personal Information such as your name, billing address, shipping address (if different from billing), email address, phone number, payment details and optional account information such as username and password. We’ll use this information to:
- Contact you about your account and order.
- Respond to your questions and requests (including refunds)
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store, if you choose to create one
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you newsletters and promotions via e-communications from time to time, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we may store order information for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, billing and shipping addresses.
- Speed navigation, keep track of items in your shopping cart and provide you with content that is tailored for you
- Remember information you gave us so that you do not have to re-enter it
- Determine the effectiveness of some of our and our third-party partners’ marketing efforts and communications
- Monitor the total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of ads displayed
Media – If you upload images to the Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We do not share your Personal Information with outside parties or advertisers. Your information is strictly confidential and only shared with authorized third-party vendors and service providers performing functions on our behalf – e.g. vendors that process credit card payments, ship your orders, provide us marketing or promotional assistance, and analyze our data. All of our vendors have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data.
Shipping providers. Your packages are typically shipped via either the US Postal Service (USPS) or United Parcel Service (UPS). To process a shipment, the carrier will have access to some of your Personal Information, such as name, shipping address, and package weights.
Payment details. We do not store your payment data on our servers. All payment details are transmitted over SSL to large third-party payment providers with appropriate security measures in place to protect your personal data. To process payments, these payment gateways will have access to some of your Personal Information, such as name, billing information, and purchase total.
- Authorize.net – payment gateway for all credit card payments (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover).
The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can view, change, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also view and edit that information.
This policy explains in detail the types of Personal Information we collect, what we use it for and who we may share it with. If you have any further questions or concerns about this policy or how we handle your Personal Information, please get in touch with us.